JERSEY CITY, N.J.–ICAP, part of TP ICAP group, the world’s largest interdealer broker, celebrated its 25th annual Global Charity Day on Tuesday, December 5, 2017. On this day, 100% of company revenues and commissions generated globally will be donated to more than 100 charities worldwide.
Since the inception of Charity Day in 1993, ICAP has raised over $210 million for more than 2,200 charities worldwide. In 2016, the company raised $10.8 million globally on Charity Day by ICAP’s 60 plus global offices for over 200 charitable projects.
As part of the day’s activities, ICAP invited several of the charities’ celebrity spokespeople at its offices around the world to, ‘Be a Part of Our Story’ by rallying employee enthusiasm and interacting with clients to boost trading. At ICAP’s North American headquarters in Jersey City, NJ, over a dozen celebrities were on hand, including (photos included):
- Sophia Bush (Affiliated Charity: The American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU)
- Sugar Ray Leonard (Affiliated Charity: Sugar Ray Leonard Foundation)
- JR Martinez (Affiliated Charity: Iraq Afghanistan Veterans of America, IAVA)
- Wendy Williams (Affiliated Charity: The Hunter Foundation)
- David Cone (Affiliated Charity: David Cone Foundation)
- Drew Barrymore (Affiliated Charity: Baby2Baby)
High quality photos from the event are available to the press upon request.
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK, DECEMBER 5, 2017: Actress Sophia Bush raising money for The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) during the Annual ICAP Charity Day on December 5, 2017 in Jersey City, NJ.
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK, DECEMBER 5, 2017: JR Martinez raising money for the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) during the Annual ICAP Charity Day on December 5, 2017 in Jersey City, NJ.
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK, DECEMBER 5, 2017: Former professional boxer Sugar Ray Leonard raising money for the Sugar Ray Leonard Foundation during the Annual ICAP Charity Day on December 5, 2017 in Jersey City, NJ.
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK, DECEMBER 5, 2017: Television host Wendy Williams speaking on the phone while raising money for The Hunter Foundation during the Annual ICAP Charity Day on December 5, 2017 in Jersey City, NJ.
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK, DECEMBER 5, 2017: Former Major League Baseball pitcher David Cone raising money for the David Cone Foundation during the Annual ICAP Charity Day on December 5, 2017 in Jersey City, NJ.
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK, DECEMBER 5, 2017: Actress Drew Barrymore raising funds for Baby2Baby during the Annual ICAP Charity Day on December 5, 2017 in Jersey City, NJ.
Notes to Editors:
2017 U.S. Charities supported by ICAP Charity Day
Sugar Ray Leonard Foundation
Hope for a Healthier Humanity
The Hunter Foundation
Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame
David Cone Foundation
Jonathan Ogden Foundation
Tim Tebow Foundation
Advocates for Children
Blythedale Children’s Hospital
Hudson County Casa
Hope Autism FDN
Institute for Educational Achievement
Youth Empowerment Project
Children’s Health Fund
The Healing Place
Self Help Africa
Memorial Sloan Kettering
NY Weill Cornell Center
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle
Children's Tumor Foundation
Sunrise Children's Services
Metro United Way
Kids Cancer Alliance
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Down Syndrome of Louisville
Community Foundation of Southern Indiana
House of Ruth
Background information on Charity Day
ICAP Charity Day was founded in 1993 to grow its charitable giving programme through an innovative fundraising initiative that would make a significant difference to charities. Made possible through its unique position in the financial markets, the Company and its brokers committed to donating all revenues and commissions on one day a year, to a select group of charities around the world to guarantee that they would receive a sizeable contribution to fund much needed projects and initiatives. Now in its 25th year, ICAP, its customers and partners have collectively raised nearly $178 million to date and supported more than 2,200 projects worldwide. www.icapcharityday.com.
ICAP is a leading markets operator and provider of post trade risk mitigation information services. ICAP matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks, post trade risk mitigation and ICAP’s information services, provides data across all key asset classes and offers innovative solutions for real-time, end-of-day and historical products. ICAP is a TP ICAP company. For further information, please visit www.icap.com.
Powered by WPeMatico