Okemos, Michigan December 28, 2017
In 2017, the Delta Dental Foundation provided $3 million in financial support to organizations, programs and education institutions across Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and North Carolina that are dedicated to improving the oral and overall health of children and adults.
“This past year we were able to increase access to dental care for those in need, provide oral health education to more people and fund more programs that are making a tangible difference in the communities we serve,” said Teri Battaglieri, Director for the Delta Dental Foundation. “In 2017, we were proud to provide funding for four clinics with 22 treatment chairs and put more than 14,000 dental sealants on children’s teeth.”
Other major investments included:
- Funding to equip Great Lakes Bay Health Centers in Michigan with a handicap accessible mobile dental coach;
- 60 scholarships and awards granted to high-performing students who exhibit a passion for dentistry;
- $400,000 committed to Michigan’s Sparrow Hospital to decrease the prevalence of hospital-acquired pneumonia;
- Hosted continuing education seminars attended by 240 dental professionals;
- Granted 54 Ohio schools new bottle filling/water filling stations through the Water’s Cool at School program;
- More than $100,000 provided via Master’s Thesis and Faculty Research grants;
- Provided $20,000 to the Faith Mission Dental Clinic in Ohio to purchase two state-of-the-art chairs, fit specifically for those with disabilities;
- Outfitted the Millis Regional Health Education Center in North Carolina with an oral hygiene display; and
- Provided funding for the second annual Mission of Mercy in Indiana which provided dental care to 1,217 people who couldn’t afford or access care.
Since its inception in 1980, the DDF has donated more than $26 million in funding to improve oral health in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana.
About Delta Dental Foundation
The Delta Dental Foundation is a nonprofit, charitable organization established in 1980, which serves as the philanthropic arm of Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and North Carolina. The Foundation’s goals are to support education and research for the advancement of dental science and to promote the oral health of the public through education and service activities, particularly for those with special needs. For more information, visit http://www.deltadentalmi.com.
Powered by WPeMatico