SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 15, 2018 — Index, a leading retail software provider, and LOC Software, a premier retail management systems provider, are helping retailers speed up checkout, enhance payment security and future-proof their stores. With the new integration, retailers on LOC's SMS point-of-sale (POS) platform have access to Index's semi-integrated payment solution, which includes 1-Second EMV, 2048-bit RSA encryption, remote device management, deployment tools, digital receipts and value-added services.
Index's semi-integrated architecture routes payment card data directly from the PIN pad to the processor, fully removing LOC SMS from PCI scope and dramatically reducing compliance costs for retailers. With Index, an IP-connected PIN pad collects tender, requests authorization, and returns a simple approval to LOC SMS. Index PIN pad software drives the in-store user experience, and cloud services enable a range of value-added benefits. Significantly, this semi-integrated solution also enables retailers to quickly and easily deploy software and security updates to the PIN pad, including point-to-point encryption (P2PE) and contactless EMV.
“We're thrilled to partner with an innovator like Index to bring the most powerful technology to our retail customers and channel,” said Francois Labelle, Director of Development at LOC Software. “This true semi-integrated solution removes the headache from PCI compliance and offers dramatic speed and security benefits so our independent grocers can offer their customers the best experience out there.”
Index's core payment and security solution for LOC SMS includes:
- 1-Second EMV — the fastest EMV solution out there, customers can dip their card anytime and remove in just one second. Additionally, Index's semi-integrated solution eliminates retailer EMV certification.
- 2048-Bit RSA Encryption with No P2PE Fees — industry-leading 2048-bit RSA encryption, asymmetric keys and periodic key rotation provides the highest level of transaction security from the moment of card use.
- Remote Device Management — Index Armada enables retailers to monitor their store and device health from a simple web interface. Retailers can also manage and apply features and functionality at any scale, anywhere.
- Fault-Tolerant Hosted Gateway — Index's cloud-based, PCI Level 1 gateway provides a robust link from LOC SMS to First Data, Vantiv, Chase Paymentech and Worldpay, and supports a wide range of tender types including credit, debit, gift cards, EBT, eWIC and NFC (Apple Pay, Google Pay).
- E-Receipts and Branded Splash Screens — Retailers can seamlessly capture customer emails on the PIN pad to offer convenient, one-time sign-up for branded digital receipts. Index remembers customer preferences so they'll automatically receive e-receipts upon future visits. Additionally, custom splash screens give customers a beautiful on-brand experience every time they shop.
“We understand how important it is for retailers to speed up their lines and improve the checkout experience in their stores. At the same time, it's critical for them to keep sensitive customer data fully secure and increase operational efficiencies behind the scenes,” said Moses Mederos, Director of Strategic Partnerships at Index. “We're excited to be working with valuable partners like LOC to equip retailers with reliable, flexible and secure solutions that have an immediate impact on their stores today and set their business up for success in the future.”
Index's solution for LOC SMS is available on Verifone and Ingenico PIN pads, and is certified to major payment processors including First Data, Vantiv, Chase Paymentech and Worldpay.
Index, based in San Francisco, is a leading retail software company that helps retailers transform their in-store payments and build their customer contact database. Index provides a semi-integrated payment solution and hosted gateway for 1-Second EMV, point-to-point encryption (P2PE) and remote device management. Its unique point-of-sale (POS) integration enables retailers to build an account for every shopper, capture customer contact data, drive opt-in to deliver personalized marketing, and optimize every campaign.
About LOC Software
LOC Software delivers solutions designed to make transactions more manageable, more profitable and more frequent by fully integrating retail operations for multi-store environments. LOC's Store Management Suite (SMS) is a complete set of applications tailored into one seamless interface, satisfying all a retailer's needs, from powerful merchandising and inventory control, fully integrated loyalty, multi-store management and more.
Powered by WPeMatico