MILWAUKEE December 27, 2017
Tax reform, trade agreements, and e-commerce – all topics making headlines and making an impact on the national and global economy right now.
Some of the top agricultural economists in the world will take an in-depth look at the effects of what’s happening in Washington, D.C., and beyond at Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (AAEA) sponsored sessions at the Allied Social Sciences Association Meeting, January 5-7, 2018, in Philadelphia.
“Applying economics to policy and management lies at the heart of contributions by members of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association,” says AAEA President Scott Swinton. “At the 2018 ASSA meetings, AAEA has six sessions on important, current topics.”
All of the AAEA sessions will take place at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel, 1200 Market Street, Friday, January 5, and Saturday, January 6, 2018.
- “Behavioral and Experimental Economics Insights for Agri-environmental Challenges”: January 5, 2018, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- “E-commerce and the Agrifood Supply Chain”: January 5, 2018, 10:15 am – 12:15 pm
- “Tax Reform and United States Farm Income”: January 5, 2018, 12:30 pm – 2:15 pm
- “Agricultural Productions, Diets, and Health”: January 5, 2018, 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- “The Geography of American Despair and Declining Economic Opportunity”: January 6, 2018, 10:15 am – 12:15 pm
- “Trade in an Environment of Increasing Economic Nationalism”: January 6, 2018, 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
AAEA will also host Dave Donaldson of MIT for the T.W. Schultz Memorial Lecture. Donaldson, who this year was awarded the John Bates Clark Medal for significant contribution to economic thought and knowledge, is also the program director for trade at the International Growth Centre. The program, entitled “Comparative Advantage and the Gains from Market Integration,” will take place January 5, 2018, at 6:15 pm at the Loews Philadelphia.
To learn more about the AAEA sessions at the ASSA Annual Meeting, or to set up interviews with the researchers involved, please contact Jay Saunders in the AAEA Business Office.
ABOUT AAEA: Established in 1910, the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is the leading professional association for agricultural and applied economists, with 2,500 members in more than 20 countries. Members of the AAEA work in academic or government institutions as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of agriculture, the environment, food, health, and international development. The AAEA publishes two journals, the American Journal of Agricultural Economics and Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, as well as the online magazine Choices. To learn more, visit http://www.aaea.org.
Powered by WPeMatico