New York, NY — 11/28/2017 — “Success Case Study: Whole Earth Peanut Butter” is part of Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of the Whole Earth brand in the UK and its core peanut butter product. It delivers the critical “what?”, “why?”, and “so what?” analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Much attention has been paid in recent years to products positioned around “new” health concerns faced by consumers. With consumers now comfortable with being able to distinguish between healthy and unhealthy products, manufacturers are taking the next step by slowly inculcating ethical and environmental responsibilities into purchasing habits. This coincides with consumers becoming “greener,” boosted by government initiatives and campaigns by brands.
– Consistent values and an associated focus on core products rather than heavy diversification have major benefits in terms of building a solid foundation. The limitations of a small business were arguably beneficial for much of Whole Earth's history, creating a stable foundation that benefited from generating credibility among its consumer base.
– Wessanen's acquisition of the Whole Earth brand serves as another example of the value of buying into the natural/ethical space for FMCG businesses. The long-standing brand identity and values noted left provided an ideal basis for an acquisition by a new parent that shared many of the same motivations at the core of its business model.
– A greater challenge exists for brands outside the natural/organic/ethical sphere trying to buy into it. This often fuels consumer skepticism over the buyer's influence and the consequences for the brand's integrity. Buyers in such a market need to be committed to protecting the values of their acquisitions if credibility is to be sustained.
Reasons to buy
– Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Content: Key Points
About this research
Summary: Whole Earth peanut butter
Get in touch:
Powered by WPeMatico