MONROE TOWNSHIP, N.J., Nov. 26, 2017 — Bracco Diagnostics Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Bracco Imaging S.p.A., a leading global company in the diagnostic imaging business, announced today key achievements that further position the company to afford patients and physicians greater choice when it comes to their imaging needs. The announcement sets the stage for the company's presence at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Annual Meeting (South Hall A Booth# 1911), which will highlight the breadth, depth and ongoing advancement of its diagnostic imaging solutions and services portfolio.
“We've remained relentless in our pursuit to consistently deliver diagnostic imaging solutions and services that focus on efficacy, safety, quality and cost effectiveness and are aligned with the distinct needs of patients and physicians,” said Fulvio Renoldi Bracco, Chief Executive Officer at Bracco Imaging. “These milestones, as well as our successful track record of bringing innovative products and solutions to the diagnostic imaging market, demonstrate our unwavering dedication to this end.”
The following is a review of the Bracco Diagnostics Inc. major achievements for 2017:
- The Bracco Group's 90th anniversary. The success and growth of a family-run company stems from its continued commitment to fully understand the needs of customers and patients they serve through the changing dynamics of the life sciences landscape. Click here to read about how the company commemorated this hallmark event.
- The celebration of the 25th anniversary of its launch of the first macrocyclic gadolinium magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) contrast agent approved in the United States.
- The FDA approval for its contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) agent for use in ultrasonography of the urinary tract (voiding ultrasonography) for the evaluation of suspected or known vesicoureteral reflux in pediatric patients. The FDA also removed the contraindication for use of the CEUS agent in patients with cardiac shunts. Bracco offers the only CEUS agent approved for three indications in echocardiography and non-cardiac indications.
- The launch of its best-in-class contrast media injector technology through its SmartInjectCT solution aimed at improving the quality of patient care and cost effectiveness of CT procedures.
- The FDA approval for four additional barium-based products. One product to visualize the gastrointestinal tract in adult and pediatric patients, two products for modified barium swallow examinations and one for its fecal tagging agent for use during Computed Tomography Colonography (CTC) procedures. Bracco Diagnostics Inc. is the only supplier of barium products that have been approved by the FDA following review of their quality, efficacy and safety.
- The introduction of its new, automated, software-controlled insufflator to inflate the colon with CO2, which is absorbed more quickly than room air and reduces discomfort in patients undergoing CTC procedures. Together with its newly approved fecal tagging agent, Bracco Diagnostics now can offer important solutions for CTC and the detection of colon cancer – the second deadliest cancer in the U.S. that has a 90 percent cure rate when detected early.
- The first-ever patient and referring physician website at www.myctcolonography.com/ as a resource to learn more about colorectal cancer screening with CTC and for patients to find a radiology clinic near them.
Alberto Spinazzi, MD, Senior Vice President, Head of Global Medical and Regulatory Affairs, Bracco Group added, “These achievements affirm our continued commitment to help healthcare professionals provide optimal and high quality patient care. Besides, we are proud to work collaboratively with the U.S. FDA and many institutions across the country, to improve the safe and effective use of our imaging agents.”
About Bracco Imaging
Bracco Imaging S.p.A., part of the Bracco Group, is one of the world's leading companies in the diagnostic imaging business. Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Bracco Imaging develops, manufactures and markets diagnostic imaging agents and solutions that meet medical needs.
Bracco Imaging offers a product and solution portfolio for all key diagnostic imaging modalities: X-ray Imaging (including Computed Tomography-CT, Interventional Radiology, and Cardiac Catheterization), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound (CEUS), and Nuclear Medicine through radioactive tracers. The diagnostic imaging portfolio is completed by a range of medical devices and advanced administration systems for contrast imaging products.
The Company operates in over 100 markets worldwide, either directly or indirectly, through subsidiaries, joint ventures, licenses and distribution partnership agreements. With on-going research covering all key modalities, Bracco Imaging has a strong presence in key geographies: North America, Europe and Japan operating through the Joint Venture Bracco-Eisai Co. Ltd. The Company also operates in Brazil, South Korea, and China through the Joint Venture Bracco Sine Pharmaceutical Corp. Ltd.
Operational investments have been made in order to achieve top quality, compliant and sustainable eco-friendly production. Manufacturing activities are located in Italy, Switzerland, Japan, China, and Germany.
Bracco Imaging is an innovative Research and Development (R&D) structure with an efficient process oriented approach and a track record of innovation in the diagnostic imaging industry. R&D activities are managed in the three Research Centers located in Italy, Switzerland, and the USA.
To learn more about Bracco Imaging, visit www.braccoimaging.com.
Bracco Diagnostics Inc. Media Relations
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bracco-diagnostics-inc-showcases-continued-commitment-to-product-advancement-at-the-2017-radiological-society-of-north-america-rsna-annual-meeting-300560227.html
SOURCE Bracco Diagnostics Inc.
Powered by WPeMatico