The new report examines patient access to affordable and effective drug therapies in the U.S. and recommends a number of policy actions aimed at improving the affordability of prescription drugs without discouraging continued innovation in drug development. It looks specifically at areas such as drug pricing, the entry of generics into the market, financial transparency, and insurance benefit designs.
This news conference and panel discussion, moderated by USA Today Managing Editor Donna Leinwand Leger, is open to credentialed media, NPC members, and the general public free of charge, but advance registration is required. Please click here to register.
- Norman Augustine (chair), former chairman and CEO, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Jeff Bingaman, former U.S. senator, New Mexico
- Michelle Mello, professor of law and professor of health research and policy, Stanford University
- Eliseo Pérez-Stable, director, National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities, National Institutes of Health
- Charles Phelps, university professor and provost emeritus, University of Rochester
The National Press Club is located on the 13th Floor of the National Press Building at 529 14th St., NW, Washington, D.C.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/national-academies-to-release-findings-of-2017-affordable-drugs-report-at-national-press-club-headliners-newsmaker-this-thursday-nov-30-300561850.html
SOURCE National Press Club
Powered by WPeMatico