BAKERSFIELD, CALIFORNIA – 11/30/2017 — Beginning next year, CMS has unbundled CPT code 99091. It will pay physicians for 30 minutes of remote monitoring and reduce the overall healthcare costs while delivering proactive care to patients.
Sargas Pharmaceutical Adherence and Compliance (SPAC) International announces that the newest government legislation for Remote Patient Monitoring will be applied effective January 1, 2018. “Providers will soon be able to get reimbursed separately for time spent on collection and interpretation of health data that is generated by a patient remotely, digitally stored and transmitted to the provider, at a minimum of 30 minutes of time,” Jodi G Daniel and Maya Uppaluru attorneys for the law firm of Crowell and Moring, wrote in a Nov.3 blog (https://www.emhealthlaw.com/2017/11/newreimbursement-for-remote-patient-monitoring-and- telemedicine/).
“Remote patient monitoring (RPM) empowers the monitoring of patients outside of regular clinical settings (e.g. in the home), which will increase patient engagement and help decrease healthcare costs. It can be the best way of treating tumours and other serious health conditions in the long term,” said Git Patel CEO of SPAC International.
SPAC International’s FDA approved, HIPAA compliant and patent pending mHealth solutions for Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) consist of:
• 24/7 monitoring of each medication that the patient is on
• Patients can report their symptoms in real time via mHealth applications, Physician, Pharmacy and Patient cloud portals or through our compassionate care managers.
• Information that is continuously updated in real time to patient specific physician team via physician portals
• Medication related education is provided to the patient via the mHealth applications in language of choice of patients
• Prescription and entire protocol are monitored right from the time it’s initiated in the physician exam room until the patient is removed from that prescription.
About Sargas Pharmaceutical Adherence and Compliance (SPAC) International.
SPAC International’s technology platform is at the forefront of Federal Health IT Strategic Plan. Its interoperability among providers allows it to collect, share, and use health data to improve health, healthcare, and reduce costs. SPAC Care Management Physician, Pharmacy and Patient Cloud Portals along with the compassionate case managers and m Health Applications for Medication Treatment Monitoring (MTM) enable care coordination and real time symptom management that makes value based care feasible, scalable, and sustainable. Several hundred physicians currently use SPAC International care management solutions for thousands of patients nationwide.
For more information on contracting RPM visit www.spacinternational.com or call 6613204477.
Company Name: Spac International
Contact Person: Gitesh Patel
Country: United States
Powered by WPeMatico