United States, Florida, Venice – 08-31-2019 (PRDistribution.com) — Venice, FL- Timeshare cancellation Attorney Susan Budowski has filed 7 regulatory complaints on behalf of her client, Anita M. Rebello, alleging deceptive business practices and fraud by Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc., and Wyndham’s Sales Agent, Christopher Sherman. The allegations relate to a timeshare upgrade that Ms. Rebello purchased in June 2018 during a Las Vegas vacation. While Attorney Budowski’s investigation into the fraud allegations is on-going, the initial allegations based on her client’s experience is disturbing.
Under sworn affidavit, Ms. Rebello attests that Mr. Sherman and his manager made several false and misleading statements of which she detrimentally relied on to make her decision to purchase the timeshare upgrade. According to the allegations made by Ms. Rebello in her sworn affidavit:• Mr. Sherman and his Manager said that her account had been flagged;
• They claimed that an upgrade offer had been sent to her home and was a better deal than anything Wyndham could currently offer other owners, and with the approval of management, they would reinstate the offer for that day only;
• They informed her that she owed $30,000 from her previous timeshare’s 2016 loan, when she actually only owed $17,731.14;
• Ms. Rebello asked about the purchase price of the upgrade offer, which ended up being $58,609.40, but Mr. Sherman did not disclose to Ms. Rebello the timeshare upgrade price prior to entering the contract;
• They told Ms. Rebello in order to maintain low maintenance fees she would need an upgrade;
• They communicated that her balance of $30,000 could be split into payments by putting $19,652.50 on PayPal Credit and the remaining $10,000 would be in increments of $369 per month; while presenting her with 126,000 bonus points she could rent and use as income to offset maintenance fees. Ms. Rebello later discovered that these points were not bonus points at all, they were additional ownership points that she had just purchased.
What is also very troubling is that Mr. Sherman and his manager, knowingly and willingly instructed Ms. Rebello to put her purchase documents in her Las Vegas hotel room safe until she returned home to New York. Ms. Rebello complied, which kept her from reading about her 5-day rescission period identified in the contract until after it expired and preventing her from being able to cancel her contract as Nevada law intended consumers to have the right to do.
Wyndham was provided an 8-page letter containing a detailed accounting of Mr. Sherman’s statements, as provided in Ms. Rebello’s sworn affidavit, along with copies of communications between Wyndham and Ms. Rebello, and requesting a rescission of the upgrade contract. But Wyndham denied the request.
Ms. Budowski is concerned that this pattern of behavior that Ms. Rebello experienced may be happening with other owners and needs to be aggressively investigated and addressed to prevent this from reoccurring.
About Attorney Budowski
Susan Budowski is the leading timeshare attorney in the United States. Operating out of Florida, considered the timeshare capital of the world, Attorney Budowski has helped thousands of timeshare owners since converting her law practice to exclusively handle timeshare matters in 2010. Ms. Budowski has been selected for AVVO’s Client’s Choice Award 7 Years in a Row. 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013, and she was honored with the Guardian ad Litem Award of Excellence 2016, volunteering for abused and neglected children by the Orange County Bar Association.She was admitted to the Florida Bar May of 2004 and was added to the Roles of the Law Society of England and Wales in August 2012 as an English Solicitor, allowing her to practice law in nearly 40 countries.
Attorney Budowski is also the Chairman & CEO of Hope City United, Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit corporation to bring awareness and the eradication of human and sex trafficking.Ms. Budowski previously worked at the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in Langley Virginia where she received multiple Exceptional Performance Awards from high-ranking members of the CIA, including former CIA Director Robert Gates, who also served as Secretary of Defense for both President Bush and President Obama.For more information visit any of Attorney Budowski’s websites. www.susanbudowski.com
For the original news story, please visit https://prdistribution.com/news/7-regulatory-complaints-filed-with-local-state-and-federal-agencies-against-wyndham-vacation-resorts-inc-nevada-sales-agent-christopher-sherman-for-deceptive-trade-practices-fraud.html.
Powered by WPeMatico