United States, Indiana, Indianapolis City – 02-21-2020 (PRDistribution.com) — Indianapolis, IN – Doehrman Buba, a personal injury law firm, is pleased to announce that it has awarded its 2019 Give Back Scholarship to Purdue University student, Nira Grynheim. The Doehrman Buba team created this scholarship in recognition of the rising costs of higher education in the United States and to encourage young people to get more involved with their local community.
Though the firm received numerous applications from students throughout Indiana, it ultimately decided to award the scholarship to Ms. Grynheim because of her dedicated volunteer work with the Indiana Canine Assistant Network (ICAN). This excellent non-profit organization trains service dogs for individuals who suffer from physical or mental disabilities, while also providing job skills and a sense of purpose to the prison inmates who train the animals.During her time at ICAN, Ms. Grynheim served mainly as a furlough volunteer. Her role involved traveling to the prison to pick up the dogs that have been trained by the prisoners and taking them for trips around the outside world. These trips allowed the dogs to gain real-world experience and helped to reinforce the lessons and commands that they had been taught by the prisoners.Ms. Grynheim intends to take the lessons that she learned while working at ICAN and apply them to her studies at Purdue University. She believes that her experience working closely with the service dogs will be particularly helpful as she pursues a bachelor’s degree in animal sciences.For her community volunteer efforts, Ms. Grynheim was presented with a scholarship check for $2,500 by attorneys Thomas C. Doehrman and Daniel J. Buba. The firm also made a $500 donation to ICAN for its outstanding work with the Indianapolis disability community.During the presentation of the 2019 Give Back Scholarship, the Doehrman Buba team announced that they would be continuing the program in 2020. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or be otherwise authorized to work in the United States.
- Be a current undergraduate at a university, college, or alternative post-high school educational institution, or be accepted into such a facility with the intent to attend in the fall of 2020.
- Be able to show a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) at an Indiana high school.
- Have volunteered at an Indiana 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Eligible applicants must submit the following documents in PDF to [email protected] before July 31st, 2020 to be considered for the scholarship:
- A completed and signed Scholarship Application Form
- A one to three-page typed essay describing how their experiences volunteering helped to define their values or drive their pursuit of higher education
- An official copy of relevant high school and/or college transcripts
- An acceptance letter from an accredited college, university, or alternative post-high school educational institute
- Proof of citizenship or legal residency in the United States
The winner of the 2020 Give Back Scholarship will be presented with a $2,500 check, made payable to their chosen college or university. This check may be used to cover their tuition and any associated fees that they incur.
The non-profit organization where the scholarship winner volunteered their time will receive a check for $500. This money may be spent in any way the charity sees fit.About Doehrman Buba – Doehrman Buba is a personal injury law firm based in Indianapolis, Indiana. The firm’s attorneys have been helping Hoosiers recover compensation for their birth injuries, brain injuries and other severe injuries and death for more than 50 years. During that time, the Doehrman Buba team has picked up several prestigious awards, including:
- Best Lawyers in America Selection, Personal Injury Litigation, Indianapolis
- Indiana Super Lawyers
- Indiana Trial Lawyer of the Year
- College of Fellows, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- For more information about the 2020 Give Back Scholarship and Doehrman Buba’s legal services, please visitwww.TortsLaw.com.
For the original news story, please visit https://prdistribution.com/news/local-indianapolis-law-firm-awards-both-students-non-profits-with-give-back-scholarship.html.
Powered by WPeMatico