“This merger enables Steward to expand our successful, physician-led, integrated care model. We look forward to providing the highest quality of care through keeping patients healthy and being available with advanced care in their community, should they need it,” said Dr. Ralph de la Torre, Chairman and CEO of Steward Health Care. “Steward will be introducing patients, physicians, and employees in six new states to our innovative programs and community commitment model.”
With this acquisition Steward also expands its related businesses including a managed risk platform, Health Choice, which delivers managed care and health insurance services to more than 680,000 patients. The total number of covered lives within Steward’s integrated care network and these insurance products is more than 1.1 million, with paneled lives estimated at 2.5 million.
Steward’s integrated model focuses on the total patient and aims to keep patients healthy. Its hospitals regularly achieve the highest ratings of quality and safety. Steward pioneered its health care model in Massachusetts, where it turned around some of the state’s most struggling hospitals and created a thriving health system that improved outcomes, lowered costs, and established lasting partnerships with local communities.
The 18 hospitals joining Steward Health Care are:
- Mountain Vista Medical Center (Mesa, AZ)
- St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center (Phoenix, AZ)
- St. Luke’s Medical Center (Phoenix, AZ)
- Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital (Tempe, AZ)
- Wadley Regional Medical Center at Hope (Hope, AR)
- Pikes Peak Regional Hospital (Woodland Park, CO)
- Glenwood Regional Medical Center (West Monroe, LA)
- The Medical Center of Southeast Texas (Port Arthur, TX)
- The Medical Center of Southeast Texas – Victory Campus (Beaumont, TX)
- Odessa Regional Medical Center (Odessa, TX)
- Southwest General Hospital (San Antonio, TX)
- St. Joseph Medical Center (Houston, TX)
- Wadley Regional Medical Center (Texarkana, TX)
- Davis Hospital and Medical Center (Layton, UT)
- Jordan Valley Medical Center (West Jordan, UT)
- Jordan Valley Medical Center – West Valley Campus (West Valley City, UT)
- Mountain Point Medical Center (Lehi, UT)
- Salt Lake Regional Medical Center (Salt Lake City, UT)
Several of the hospitals joining Steward operate in partnership with physician owners.
The IASIS/Steward merger complied with normal regulatory approvals and adherence to closing conditions.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care, the largest private hospital operator in the United States, is a physician-led health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the communities where patients live. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Steward operates 36 community hospitals nationwide that employ approximately 37,000 people and regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes more than 26 urgent care centers, 42 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,300 beds under management, and more than 1.1 million covered lives through the company’s managed care and health insurance services.
Steward’s unique health care service delivery model leverages technology, innovation, and care coordination to keep patients healthier. With a culture that prioritizes agility, resourcefulness, and continuous improvement, Steward is recognized as one of the nation’s leading accountable care organizations. The Steward Health Care Network includes thousands of physicians who care for approximately 2 million patients annually. Steward Medical Group, the company’s employed physician group, provides more than 1 million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Additional information is available at www.steward.org.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/steward-health-completes-acquisition-of-iasis-healthcare-300528426.html
SOURCE Steward Health Care LLC
Powered by WPeMatico